NFPA 80 Annual Fire Door Inspections
ISO/IEC 17020 : 2012 Accredited
Fire Door & Fire Door Frame Inspection
Fire Damper Inspection
Fire Door Frame Re-Labeling
Fire Door Solutions is fully accredited by the ANSI/ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) as a third-party inspection body to inspect fire doors and frames, inspect fire dampers and to re-label fire doors and frames in the field.
Please click on the link ANAB Accreditation to view the accreditation certificate and scope.
Fire door inspection is the first step toward fire door compliance; a mission-critical activity. With the ratification of the 2012 edition of the Life Safety Code and NFPA 80 standards, fire doors must be tested and inspected on an annual basis. A ruling of non-compliant by an Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) could be disastrous; not to mention the risk to life and limb of employees and customers in case of a fire.
Fire Door Solutions makes compliance easy.
In order to protect against the spread of fire and smoke within, into, or out of buildings, facility managers need to implement preventative maintenance, proactive maintenance, and fire door inspection programs in accordance with locally adopted and national standards. Fire door failures in an emergency can happen due to lack of maintenance, physical damage to the door, the closure, guides, tracks, or by obstacles blocking the fire door. Each of these put employees and customers at risk in case of a fire emergency.
Fire Door Solutions strictly follows the NFPA 80 guidelines for swinging doors and fire door hardware. Our hands-on, visual inspection experts will inspect both sides of the door to assess the overall condition and assembly of each opening; recording findings for future repair assessment and reporting. Our professionals will educate your facility team on factors that have the greatest risk of future failure due to high frequency use or risk of damage during normal operation.
Fire Door Solutions’ comprehensive fire door inspection includes and validates the following:
- Labels are clearly visible and legible.
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware, and non-combustible threshold are secured, aligned, and working, with no visible damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame on the pull side of the door do not exceed 1/8-inch or 3/4-inch undercut.
- The self-closing device works; that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is in place, the inactive leaf closes before the active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- The door or frame has no auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation.
- The door assembly has no field modifications that void the label.
- The integrity of gaskets and edge seals is verified, when required.
- Signage on fire door is adhered properly and does not exceed size maximum.
Let Fire Door Solutions get you into compliance fully and quickly. Call for a quotation.
Fire Door Solutions – Compliance made easy.